Guidelines For Formatting Papers
1. Name, Mod and Date should be typed SINGLE-SPACED and placed in the upper left of the paper.
2. ONE INCH MARGINS all around
3. Font style = Times New Roman.Font Size = 12
4. TRIPLE SPACE between your heading and the title of your paper
5. The first letter of each word in the title should be in CAPS
6. The title should be UNDERLINED and CENTERED
7. DOUBLE SPACE between the title and the body of your paper
8. The BODY of your paper should be DOUBLE SPACED
9. Write the paper in the present tense.
10. NUMBER your pages at the BOTTOM of each page --- starting with PAGE 2CENTER the page number
11. Begin each paragraph by hitting the TAB key or the SPACE BAR five times
12. TWO spaces are required between sentences
13. ONE space is required after a comma
14. TITLES of the works must be punctuated correctly
Ø UNDERLINE: novels---albums---newspapers---magazines---long poems---books of any kind
Ø QUOTATION MARKS: short poems---articles---films---plays---songschapters in a book
15. Papers must incorporate significant short quotations from the texts in support of claims addressed in the essay.
16. Be sure to do a SPELLING AND GRAMMAR CHECK
17. STAPLE pages together
18. Be sure to SAVE your paper on a disk if you are using a computer or word processor---If using a typewriter---MAKE A CARBON COPY OR A XEROX COPY for your records in case your paper is lost
*ANY ERRORS IN FORMAT (#1-12), SPELLING, GRAMMAR, AND USAGE WILL COST YOU ONE POINT EVERY TIME THE ERRORS OCCUR!!!!!!
*CHUNKIER POINTS WILL BE DEDUCTED FOR WEAKNESSES IN CONTENT!!!!